Friday, November 17, 2006

My baby Girl


I just found out this week that Katie's Grandma is in her last couple weeks. She is having hospice come to the house and has been in hospice twice. She is not really doing good at all.
I know that most of my issues with Kaite's dad were because of this woman and it kinda upsets me that she caused them. She may not like me at all but it still makes me sad. She has been a big part in Katie's life and has helped make my baby who she is. She is a wonderful grandma and I can't imagine how much it will affect Katie when she is gone. Katie really loves her grandparents and has a special bond with them, I am just not sure how to help her through this. It makes me sad deep inside that we had to fight over Katie when all they had to do was explain what was going on cause I would have gladly worked something out instead of us all fighting over her. I am not sure how to comfort my own child becasue of how young she is and I am unsure how much it will affect her. I just hope Katie will always remember her Grandma and how much she cared about her. I know she will make it through it all because of how young she is but I wonder if she will understand when she goes over there and grandma isnt there. I guess time will tell. Until then I will just keep being the best mommy I know how to be, even though sometimes I second guess myself on that too.

1 comment:

lvh said...

That is sad about the Grandma - it's never a good time to lose someone but the holiday's are especially bad - I'm speaking from experience here as my mother-in-law passed away from cancer last Christmas eve. Thanksgiving 2005 was the last time the siblings were able to gather with her as a family on a holiday - it's weird now - not having a parent to kind of hold the family together. I feel sad for Katie not being able to know her grandmother as she grows up. I was 7 when my G'ma C died and I don't remember anything about her at all - except she grew snap dragon's in her flower garden :-( I hope Katie is feeling better soon and that you can have a happy thanksgiving.